Unity Tutorial 03


 Unity Tutorial 2 Semester 2


I really enjoyed doing this Unity tutorial. It was really beneficial in learning more complex parts about 2D game development. The most crucial part that I learned in this unity tutorial was getting the player to be able to collect certain items in the game. In this case it was Ruby collecting a health item if she was injured. The code for this was not too complicated and the tutorial made it very easy to fully understand how this process of picking up the object, however making the item add to your health and creating a health system was a bit complex, but wasn't hard to get through and I eventually got this process completed.


The other stage in this tutorial was creating damaging zones and enemies, this was actually a difficult step in my opinion especially the part with the damaging zone that took me a minute to figure it all out. For some reason I had a problem with Ruby going behind the damaging zone and she wasn't getting hurt by it at all, but from last week I knew what this problem was. The damaging zone was not on the correct axis and was not even on the actual tile map. Making the enemy move back and forward wasn't too hard and was pretty basic. Also making the enemy do damage on contact was easy enough also.











Comments