Planning For the Reading Project

 

Planning For the reading Project

Firstly in the first week of this module, we did some brainstorming on moodle on different topics to do for this reading project. Then this research was brought into a google doc for each student to decide what topic they wanted to go for. I originally wanted to do my topic on the gaming platform Xbox, but this was not recommended due to the fact that there may have not been a lot to talk about so I decided to change my topic too, What is a game designer. I went with this because game designing is a real big interest of mine. Seeing how games I like to play is really fascinating and I think that everyone that plays games should know what exactly a game designer does and the amount of effort that goes into designing a game. 


In the lecture on Thursday, we met with the librarian. She came in to explain how exactly we need to be able to use the online library for our research when the time comes to look at the academic papers for this reading project. She explained that using keywords is the best way to find the types of academic papers in which you are looking for. 


I began to make out a list of keywords that would help me refine my search and find exactly the types of academic papers that I need. I made a google doc for where I can keep the keywords I come across and also a play for where I store my links to the academic papers when I go to do my research.


Image From My key words list on my google docs



Looking at these keywords will make the research process for this reading projects a lot easier. I will be able to use these to narrow down exactly what I am looking for. They will save me a lot of time during this project going through all the different academic papers.



 


Comments