Unity Tutorial 07


 Unity Tutorial 07


Hey there,


In this blog, I will be going over what I have learned in the unity tutorials this week, and let me tell you I learned a lot. So firstly for the Unity tutorial 4.1 what I learned was everything to do with making the camera rotate on the vertical axis, making the player roll in the direction of the camera, learned about taking different textures and apply them to objects/player, learned about making empty objects to make it so we can move the camera in the game view. Also learned a lot about local and global directions and coordinates.


In Unity 4.2, I learned about spawning enemies at random locations on the island, enemy follows the player now and they bounce off each other if there is any contact and that to do with physics material where you can use friction to slow or speed things up. Also learned about vector math which helped in the creation of the spawning of the enemy in random locations.


In Unity 4.3, I learned so when the player picks up the power indicator it is visible on the screen. Also when the player collides with the enemy, when the powerup is active the enemy goes flying off the platform, and also after a certain amount of time the power-up ability is removed from the player and everything goes back to normal. 


Overall these tutorials will really help in the creation of my game because the enemy following the player part of these tutorials is something that I am looking for but obviously in a first-person perspective.










Comments