First Playable

 First Playable


I began this week in trying to find all the assets that I will need for my game, and when I mane by assets I mean by trying to find what type of design I wanted for the game. I began to notice a problem, I wanted to create my game like a maze in a field but I could not find any of the assets I was looking for, so I have decided to change up the game a little. It is still the same concept but it’s just going to be on a forest farm rather than being in a cornfield. I will also have to update my GDD to fit with these changes. I have officially changed the name to Terror Farm. So for the assets, I found really good packages which contained exactly what I was looking for, these consisted of assets such as trees, bushes, a truck, better skybox, terrain texture and a flashlight package.


I first began to learn about more level design with the terrain tool on unity and adding the terrain texture that I found. One tutorial that really helped was this:




I then began to think after I added in all m assets and basically had an idea of what my game is going to be like visually. I wanted to create a main menu section just to again add more functionality to the game I watched a Brackeys video to help me on this and designed it myself.



Link To Video


I did try to work on an in-game menu but unfortunately, this will need more work because I could not figure out why it would not work, so definitely for next weeks development this will be completed I tried again to use a Brackeys video to help me with the creation of the in-game menu.




I then added a flashlight asset and continued the development from last week making the flashlight look more realistic, which I accomplished tremendously, this turned out really well and everything worked out exactly how I wanted it to look. I made sure that the space bar turned on and off the flashlight so the player has more control over the game. This tutorial helped:




Finally, I added fog to create more ambience in the game, this option I found out by myself on accident and it worked very well.


Overall this week wasn’t too bad I spend a lot longer on everything this week to make it look good, and of course, it’s unfortunate that I cant do the field maze idea but I am starting to prefer the forest idea. Here is the video and images so far on the progress for this week:







Image Showing Flashlight



Image Showing Truck Asset



Image Showing World So Far


Image Showing The Fog Indicator On Right Side












Comments

  1. Its vary helpful that you included the videos that helped you in making your game I am relay impressed by the environment that you have created for your player. I'm impressed by how you adapted your game when you could not get the assets your where looking for . I am looking foreword to seeing your game when it is complete. I'm impressed by how you used the tureen all I did was make a plane for the floor of my game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sam, just after reading ur playable right there and from the screenshot you have given the game is cooling pretty cool with all the details. Oh the pause menu you have there i am also looking at that he is very good at explaining things. It is nice that the trees are not only green I like the was you made it different colours. Also Nice to see nearly everything is working out for you. Good Luck with the rest of you game.
    -Tochi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sam, glad to see you game is coming along well and you were able to adapt to the situations you can across. Using a woodland pack still works well with your game idea and might even give the player more space to roam around while trying not to get caught. Have you found a way to add a spook factor into the game like hellmouth jumping out from nowhere to scare the player? Good luck with the other aspects of the game and I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment